(FRESHERS) 'Optum' : Software Engineer @ Hyderabad
Optum has openings for Software Engineer @ Hyderabad
Company Name: Optum
Job Profile: Software Engineer – Hyderabad. TG
Requisition Number: 919299
Career Area: Technology
Degree Required: BE/BTech/ME/MTech
Work Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product road maps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
The candidate must have strong skills in Mainframe Technologies. COBOL, DB2, JCL especially. This resource will be working on mainframe Finance applications (FSDB,RPS,NAS, UNET platforms).We require strong candidate with knowledge of agile processes, Open to work and support in Flexi working hours; METRICS: This position requires more business connect and responding to business queries with in SLA. Also, providing support to India team in terms of functional.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment).
- The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- DB2 700 Certification
- Strong skills in COBOL, DB2, JCL
- Strong experience in production support in Mainframe applications
- Able to work in Dev-ops environment
- Flexible and ready to face the challenges
- Ready to work in shifts as per the need
- Strong analytical skills and good knowledge in Mainframe technologies – COBOL, DB2, JCL
- Knowledge of working in Agile Projects
- Knowledge of how to run the test cycles for Development projects.
- Basic understanding of different Test cycles
How to apply for this job?